Thursday 6 March 2014

No time for tonsilitis

Having set out full of zip and zeal on my overdraft zapping adventure, I started clearing the cupboards, collecting the change and otherwise restricting general household spend (it is so much easier if you think of it all as a business!). It was all going so well, this planning until disaster struck and I was hit with tonsilitis. 
Initially I scoffed, a sore throat would be no match for this force of nature, but really OUCH big big big OUCH! Up until now I have managed thirty ish years with nothing more than a sore throat but this is incomparable. After a week of fever, agony, sleepless nights and starvation (and work) I finally ended up heading to A&E and being admitted to the local ENT unit unable to swallow even my own saliva, and more importantly my antibiotics and painkillers.
So here I am tucked up in my hospital bed after 12 hours, copious amount of IV fluids, antibiotics and blessed painkillers. Feeling better than I have in nearly a week, drinking (small sips admittedly) and having just EATEN half a yogurt, I think I might actually sleep tonight and not keep waking up in agony. 
God bless the NHS!

1 comment:

  1. hope your feeling better,nothing worse than tonsilitis!

    ReplyDelete